2021 Blackberry Cobbler Festival Postponed
With great concern and love for our community, and out of an abundance of caution, we have made the decision to postpone the Blackberry Cobbler Festival, an event of the Cobb Area Council. Lake County currently has the highest rate of new COVID cases in the state and the numbers are expected to keep rising. We are aiming to protect our community, our guests, and our beloved festival from negative impacts. This event had been planned for August 28, 2021 at the Whispering Pines Resort in Cobb. This festival is part of a larger plan created by the Economic Development Committee of the Cobb Area Council to bring more visitors to the Cobb Area to help stimulate economic growth by supporting our local businesses and artisans, and to celebrate our community’s unique offerings and fun locations.
Despite the postponement, there will still be an opportunity to enjoy some delicious Blackberry Cobbler! Please contact the Cobb Mountain Lion’s Club to find out how you can order your award winning Blackberry Cobbler (made by last year’s grand prize winner Kelly Stuckey) Follow their Facebook page for updates on their drive through event on August 28th. https://www.facebook.com/mountainlionscobb
Several Cobb businesses will still offer smaller events and entertainment that can be enjoyed including:
- Live music at Mandala Springs; weekend packages, www.mandala.org, 707-371-5022
- Live Music in the evening at Adams Springs Golf Course, (707) 928-9992
- Swimming and events at Pine Grove Resort www.pinegrovecobb.com
- Blackberry menu items all week at Mountain High Coffee & Books, 16295 Hwy 175
- Guided hike with Friends of Boggs Mountain – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the 9am hike on August 28th.
- Please visit ExploreCobbCA.com for more information and to support the artists and businesses in the Cobb community!
The Cobb Area Council is grateful for the generous donation from Calpine Corporation and their commitment to support the event when it can next happen. Thank you also to the Strickler Family of Whispering Pines Resort, Seigler Springs Community Redevelopment Association, PG&E, California Tendai Buddhists, Pat and Jon Meyer, Adventist Health Clearlake, Boatique Winery, Kelsey Creek Brewery, Shannon Ridge Winery, Fore Family Winery, Pope Valley Winery and many, many volunteers who have put in hours of work and donations.
Contact: Abby Leutholdt (415) 902-6277